Saturday, November 24, 2007

Week 12 - Sweet Treats



This week the challenge is to draw inspiration from SOMETHING SWEET - by this I mean use layers of browns inspired by chocolate, red and white stripes like Candy Canes, all pinks like Fairy Floss, lots of little gems like sprinkles on cupcakes, yellow and white tones like on lemon meringue pie etc..Your card doesn't necessarily need to have a cake, lolly or whatever on it - it just needs to be inspired by the colours and designs of something sweet.

My son Harrison and I have been browsing through our Christmas recipe books and he spotted Peppermint truffles - he loves everything and anything minty so I guess they will be what we will be making tomorrow to "test" out - I also thought these yummy little treats looked perfect for a card I had in mind in of course... Greens and Browns.

When you send me your card it would be great if you could add the name of the sweet that inspired you. Remember it doesn't need to be a Christmas card - it can be any theme - just use your sweet tooth to inspire you!

Thanks for playing!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YUMMY !! Now you've got my mind racing and my mouth watering LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious, and I LOVE your card Leisa! Hopefully mine will come through this week (after I make it, that is LOL)

Suzitee

Anonymous said...

What a great challenge...had fun with this one!!!

Mine is inspired by Smarties...yummo.

Anonymous said...

Hi girls!
Will send mine through tomorrow when I can take a photo in daylight. Mine is all about cupcakes...my kiddies favourite!
Will look forward to seeing some more cards in the next few days.

Suzitee