Sunday, October 21, 2007

Week 7 - Challenge

Wow can you believe we have been going 7 weeks! I cannot thank everyone enough for playing! What was a spur of the moment idea has turned into one of the highlights of my week! I hope everyone else is feeling the same way!

Now, onto the challenge. Sadly, I needed to make a Sympathy card this week and found it quite difficult. You want the card to say "I am there for you", you perhaps don't want it to be overly colourful but not overly sad and morbid either - very tough. So...I decided to throw the challenge to you talented ladies to show me what you do. Do you prefer to write "With Sympathy" or is "Thinking of you" more your style? Do you like the recipient to be cheered up by a bright card or do you prefer to use subtle colours and designs to reflect the mood. I would love to hear your comments on this very sensitive subject and also, of course to see your cards!

Here's mine to start - it is more a darker red/wine colour irl but you get the idea. I stamped some roses inside and also "Thinking of you" on the matching gold envelope. On offer this week for one lucky cardmaker will be one of my gorgeous Lizzie Anne stamps. I will choose one tonight and let you know what it will be plus the winner of last week's dazzling diamante buckles.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually Leisa ive had to ponder this recently as well,to send to a dear friend who's aunt died,i had resorted to maybe buying one,but im going to give it a go now.

Anonymous said...

It IS hard to believe that seven weeks have come and gone since copycatcards was 'born'! It has certainly grown from the simple idea that it was....and it is SO inspiring to see everyones cards each week.

Another tricky challenge this week...best get to it! Good luck everyone,and thanks Leisa, for yet another great prize!

Suzitee

Melanie said...

Beautiful cards,